Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Various Services and Posts will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 7th August, 2016 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 27th April, 2016.
EXAMINATION NOTICE NO. 08/2016-CSP
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:27/05/2016
FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES : In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’of its campus in person or overTelephone No.011-23385271/ 011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
No of Vacancies : The number of vacancies to be filled on the result of the examination is expected to be approximately 1079 which include 34 vacancies reserved for P.H. Category , i.e. 14 vacancies for LDCP, 7 Vacancies for B/LV and 13 Vacancies for H.I. The final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes. Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Plan of Examination :The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages
Civil Services Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination ; and
Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various
Services and posts noted above.
Applications are now invited for the Civil Services(Preliminary) Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available to them. The Main Examination is likely to be held in December,2016.
Age Limits: A candidate must have attained the age 21 years and must not have attained the age 32 years the 1st of August ,2016 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995. Necessary action to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services is being taken.
The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- Up to a maximum three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the Statesin the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January,1980 to the 31st day of December,1989;
- Up to a maximum three years in the case Defence Services Personnel, disabled in during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence there of;
- Up to a maximum five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2016 and have been released after completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within year from1st August, 2016 than by way of dismissal discharge on account of misconduct or infficiency; or
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Serviceas 1st August, 2016 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date receipt
- Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind , deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Note : Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination. The applications for the Main Examination will be called some time in the month of October/November, 2016.
Number of attempts: (a) Every candidate appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible.
Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible shall be nine. The relaxation will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
How to Apply: Candidates are required to apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in .Detailed instructions for filling up applications are available on the above mentioned site.